Fo Guang Shan Chu Un Temple Cebu Musical Theater Skills Training Summer Workshop is currently ongoing since April 11 until May 14, 2011.
Basic Musical Theater, Advanced Musical Theater, Musical Theater Singing Group Class, Broadway Jazz, Poi Dancing, Stage Craft, and Violin are among the courses being offered.
Activities and schedules
- Poi dancing is open to kids from seven years old and above. Classes are from 11 a.m. to noontime on a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule.
- Musical theater singing is for six years old and over, with a Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday schedule, from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kids musical theater is open to children from five to 14 years old. Classes are scheduled Mondays-Wednesdays-Fridays and start from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Advanced musical theater is for 15 years old and beyond, with classes on an Monday-Wednesday schedule from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Arts class observes a Tuesday-Thursday schedule from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m open to kids as young as four years old.
Enrollees will showcase their skills through a culminating show on May 21.
Trainers include stage director Daisy Ba-ad, Zero Nuñez of Fire Attraction; Rhea Mae Sadaya, Edison Saynes; and the Cebu Music Learning Center trainers.
Workshop rate is PhP3,500 per course. An enrollee in two courses gets a Double Treat Discount (less five percent).
Enrollment and workshop venue is at the Chu Un Temple along V. Rama Avenue, Cebu City.
For further information regarding the workshop, please contact 253.8144.