- Cast Angel Locsin, Richard Gutierrez, Christian Bautista, Lorna Tolentino Gina Alajar, Tirso Cruz III, Irma Adlawan, Boots Anson-Roa, A.J. Dee, Ketchup Eusebio, Ella Guevarra, Jacklyn Jose, Tony Mabesa, Michelle Madrigal, Joyce So
- Directed by Joel C. Lamangan
- Written by Dode Cruz, Abi Lam-Parayno, and Andrew E. Paredes
- Produced by Lily Y. Monteverde &Roselle Monteverde-Teo for Regal Films.
- Original Music by Von de Guzman
- Cinematography by Charlie Peralta (director of photography)
- Film Editing by Marya Ignacio
- Production Design by Edgar Martin Littaua
3 Reasons why SineBuano says You should watch Mano Po 5: Gua Ai Di (I Love You).
#1 It’s supposed to be romantic comedy but the real comedy of the film comes from Lorna Tolentino’s over-the-top portrayal of dominant, deliriously-screeching mother of a somewhat dysfunctional modern Chinese family.
The role was originally written for Dina Bonnevie who after a day’s shooting was brought down by an illness. Lorna Tolentino filled in for her. This is actually the second time Ms. Tolentino acquired a role due to Dina Bonnevie’s cancelled participation. The first was for Mano Po 2: My Home.
#2 Never mind the weak story and the the typically large, mismatched ensemble cast of underdeveloped main characters and the supporting cast who serve as “breathing” backdrop. You should watch this film for its award winning technical value! Great, high-grade cinematography, sound and production design– SineBuano applauds!
#3 This film is a must-see and must-have for die-hard Filipino balladeer Christian Bautista fans!